Our 2014 Meal Donation
Posted on December 28, 2014
First off, a BIG thank you to all of our amazing customers for making this possible!
Second, we’re actually donating a little more than 2 meals per box shipped this year. Why? Well, because we were brand new this year, we haven’t sent out a ton of boxes yet. So, we added some extra $$$ to the donation to make it a total of…
1,250 meals donated!
Although we’d love that number to be much higher (see below), that still feels amazing to say. Feels great to be able to make a difference 🙂
Now, that said, we have a goal for the donation side of our company for next year:
20 Times More Meals Donated
That’s right. This time next year, when we’re posting our 2015 donation report, we want to be able to report that we have donated at least 20 times as many meals as we did in 2014. For those of you who don’t like brain math, that’s 25,000 meals (or more!).
Here’s why we’re setting this seemingly high goal:
- Our donation this year was for only 6 months (we started in June 2014). Next year we’ll have a full 12 months.
- Next year, we’ll be starting with a bit of traction. We’re still brand new, but we’re growing fast!
- Most importantly, we want to be able to make an even bigger impact 🙂
Speaking of making a bigger impact…
The Future Of Charity
I’d like to also take this time to reveal our vision for the future of where we’d like to see the charitable aspect of our company eventually end up.
We love being able to make a donation through a charity who will then in turn take the donation money and use it to provide for people in need. We’ve carefully screened charitable organizations and narrowed our donation partners down to two charities that we feel will (a) have the biggest impact and (b) use the donation money the most efficiently (more about that here).
However, (and this is a big however!), we want to be able to connect DIRECTLY to people in need in the future. No third party charity in between us and delivering hope and care to people who need it most.
This would entail setting up our own charity of sorts, and is quite a lofty goal. While we don’t have any problem with third party charities, and we support them 100%, we also believe that we can do the greatest good by getting as close to the source as possible.
That’s why this is our ultimate goal.
And we invite you to join us on this journey. Take our hand as we move into 2015 and beyond, and come along for the ride.
How You Can Help
This is a mission that we are embarking on together, and it starts with you.
There are a couple ways you can help:
- Make your own separate donation to charities that help fight hunger. Even if you don’t subscribe to Mystery Chocolate Box, you can still help by making your own donation. Again, our recommended charities are here, but you can use your own judgement to choose a different organization to support.
- Share Mystery Chocolate Box with your friends or family (or anyone else who might be interested in enjoying delicious chocolate while simultaneously helping to fight hunger).
- Subscribe to Mystery Chocolate Box 🙂 As you know for every box we send out, we donate 2 meals to charity (or more, like we did this year).
To a fantastic New Year,
Peter and the Mystery Chocolate Box team.