Questions or concerns about Mystery Chocolate Box? Read the FAQs below and if you still have questions, contact us!
What do I get for $30/month?
Duh. Chocolate. What more needs to be said?
What's that you say? You'd like to hear a little more?
No problem. Here's why Mystery Chocolate Box is worth every penny of $30 and then some:
- We don't just send you chocolate bars. We send you the experience of tasting delicious chocolate with your family and making your guesses together, then submitting them on our site. We're here not just to provide chocolate but to help you create and cherish priceless family moments together.
- We're not your typical subscription box. Most subscription boxes consist of worthless product samples that you might enjoy (but probably won't). Oh, and they are literally worthless because samples cost $0 (but you're paying for them). We include real, full-size products in Mystery Chocolate Box, not crappy samples.
- On that same note, we send you premium, high-quality chocolate bars. No $1 Hershey's with Almonds here.
- Mystery Chocolate Box is also a game that you get to play. Because each chocolate bar is a mystery, you can make your guesses as to what you think is in each bar and see if you're right when we reveal them!
- Shipping these boxes out is more expensive than you would think (especially in the summer) and we offer free shipping on every box.
I'm buying Mystery Chocolate Box as a gift. Can I include a gift message to the recipient?
Excellent choice! I hear "Best Gift Ever" award coming your way (prize: bragging rights). But yes, for all boxes intended as a gift, we include a nice little personalized gift card. You can include your own gift message as well as let the recipient know who it's from!
Are the bars taken out of their original packaging? Is it safe?
We take safety very seriously. In order to preserve the "mystery" aspect of our box, we remove the original outer wrapper or box, but leave the inside foil wrapper around each bar completely intact. The chocolate inside is never altered or modified in any way.
When will I receive my first box?
We send out each box on the first Monday or Tuesday of the month (whichever comes sooner).
The cutoff date for new subscriptions to receive the next month's box is the 20th of every month. If you order on or before this date, you will receive your first box the following month. If you order after this date, you will receive your first box the month after that because we have to order supplies a couple weeks in advance.
If you just ordered and it's after the cutoff date, contact us if you have reeeeaaally want to get in on the next month -- we might be able to squeeze you in if we have enough materials.
It's hot as %#$ outside. Will my chocolate arrive in good condition?
We do our absolute best to pack each box to keep the chocolate as cool as possible, however, if any of your chocolate arrives melted, just let it come up to room temperature and it will be fine -- the taste won't be affected. You can also put it in the refrigerator if you want.
Can I cancel a subscription at any time?
Of course. At any time, you can downgrade to our "Party Pooper" plan: $0 per month for zero chocolate.
I (or someone in my family) have food allergies. Will I be able to enjoy Mystery Chocolate Box?
We include an allergy information card in each box that contains the allergy information from the label of each bar. If you have known food allergies that normally conflict with chocolate (nuts, gluten, etc), we advise to you to not purchase Mystery Chocolate Box unless you are certain that you will not have any adverse reactions.
If you have any specific needs or questions, contact us!
If I tattoo the Mystery Chocolate Box logo on my body, can I get a free lifetime subscription?
Most likely. As long as it's not a temporary tattoo. We might even name a box in your honor. Contact us.